Chelmsford City 3
AFC Wimbledon 2

Half time: 1 - 0

Kick off: 15:00, Saturday, November 1 2008

JEFF King’s Clarets strengthened their hold on top spot in the Blue Square South as a brace from super-sub Chris Moore consigned AFC Wimbledon to defeat at a rain-soaked Melbourne Stadium.
Jon Keeling handed the hosts a fortunate opener when his swinging flag-kick evaded a crowd of bodies in the area to bounce into the net.
The interval was late in arriving when referee Mr Kendall left the field injured to be replaced with his senior assistant, while a qualified official was plucked from the crowd to complete the remainder of the match.
After the break Chelmsford hit top gear and, nine minutes beyond the resumption, Moore was the beneficiary of a defensive slip on the moist surface before rounding goalkeeper Andy Little and finding the net from ten yards. He then added the decisive touch three minutes later as Ricky Holmes tricked his way down the left and supplied the delivery Moore touched home in close proximity to the goal.
Wimbledon had limited opportunities to respond, though Danny Kedwell gave them hope with an angled 68th-minute header which found the corner after Luke Garrard’s right-flank ball. The slippery pitch led to eight bookings in the final 15 minutes prompted by mis-timed tackles but there was still sufficient injury time for Jon Main to prod low into the net on the break and briefly worry the hosts.

Report by Nick Garnham - Green'Un

The views expressed in match reports are not necessarily those of Archant Suffolk

Club profiles

Can't see your club?

If you can't find your club or there's not much detail on your profile, we need your help!

All our pages are provided and updated by the clubs themselves. Use the link below to find out more.

Already a correspondent?

If you've already registered with us as a correspondent, use the link below to go to your admin page where you can add match reports, club notes, and update your club profile.

Most read

Championship League table

League One table